I'd tell them, you know, if they wanted to know. I'd tell them all sorts of things.

Friday, August 13, 2010

It's all for You anyway...

Maybe I’m not praying right,
Cause I can’t feel You here.
How can I keep from fear
And doubt
When You’re letting me drown?

I have no new words for You;
Just a hypocrite’s plea.
Did you forget about me?
Or find
That You just don’t have the time?

If it’s true that I’m blind to You,
Why won’t You help me see?
Can’t You reach down for me,
This low,
Or do I climb on my own?

To tell You the shameful truth,
I’m not sure You’ll come through.
But I guess I’ll still choose
To say
It’s all for You anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Good poetry. Thanks for that. I think we all feel something akin to this sometimes, although no feeling is exactly alike. Psalm 39 is a good reminder for me of how God wants us to talk to Him even when we feel like we can't stand Him: "Look away from me that I may smile again, before I depart and am no more!" Chillingly disbelieving or frustrated. But even in those moments, God wants us to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting; I think I needed to hear that--that God still wants us to talk even through doubting

    ReplyDelete