I'd tell them, you know, if they wanted to know. I'd tell them all sorts of things.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Note from Mind to Body

Look at what you've done;
Just watch our hands shake--
I think you revel in the way
This weakness shames me.

Our clumsy feet trip because
You shuffle like a corpse;
Dead weight, nothing more.

You hold hostage
My thoughts from our tongue;
You just love to taunt me,
Don't you?

Everything I try to do,
You drag me down;
Why won't you cooperate?

You parasite--
You crippled foreigner--
I can hear you laughing.

I hate the way
You tell me "sit" and "stay",
Knowing I have no choice
But to consent,
And be disgusted
By my own submission.

I wish I could punish you--
Oh, to exact revenge--
But, as everything I do to you
I also do to me,
I'm expected to treat you well;
Because apparently I am God's
And not my own.

I guess He likes to collect
Broken things.

No comments:

Post a Comment