I'd tell them, you know, if they wanted to know. I'd tell them all sorts of things.

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Truth Is(n't)

(Wrote this song over the summer, but I just recently finished the chords. Maybe someday I'll record it.)
.

I love how easily
You don't give me chills.
And how you made
My favorite color green
With chords; the ebb and swell.

I love how you
Made me brave;
I don't fear a fire or flood.
Even God knows
That I don't care if a year,
Or three or five or ten
Go by and I still write songs for you.

I love how these flames will rise
And I'll say, "Who cares?
We've lost it all.
Lost it long before the blaze,
So why did you even call?"

Sirens scream
Through the streets,
"Please pity, pity my fate."
Ash rain, consuming flames;
Sure, that's why I'm afraid,
Not because I'm on my knees too late.

I won't give voluntarily,
But you can have
What you can take.
And find your thrills for cheap or free,
Cause I can't say,
"Screw these mistakes."

I love the way
You make this far too easy for me to say:
That I love the way
You suffocate;
No, I can't sing today.
Not 'till you
Turn the other way.

I love how easy it is
For me to lie to you,
And I love
How that's the only thing
I've said to you that's true.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment