I'd tell them, you know, if they wanted to know. I'd tell them all sorts of things.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

To the Spider that Lives where the Cupboard meets the Wall

Why you live in the bathroom
Where cupboard meets wall
Instead of the kitchen,
My bedroom or hall
I’m sure I can’t guess,
Because, I assume,
You still are not safe
From rags and vacuum.

Why not a corner
Or crevasse or crease
Where your web could last
For more than a week?

Out here in the open
The strands get torn down,
But there’s never a day
When you’re not around.

Whether over and over
You spin the same silk
Or are replaced by friends
Of similar ilk,
Still eight eyes watch me every day
Brush my teeth
And wash my face.

Fortuitous indeed
You should end up with me,
Who will not crush you
Or swat you or scream.
But don’t forget your place and all;
Please stay in the corner
Where cupboard meets wall.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment