I'd tell them, you know, if they wanted to know. I'd tell them all sorts of things.

Monday, October 5, 2015

That One Time We Were in the Woods

You eclipsed the sun as I looked up,
A pattern of lace in the leaves behind you;
A halo of light slicing through
Between the ends of your hair.
Your eyes were brighter
Than the shadows on your face,
Like two silver-blue pools
Lit from underneath.
Were they reflecting ripples on my skin,
Like liquid waves of light
Shining up through water,
Quivering with every shift of your gaze?
I felt them moving over me,
Washing me in purity
Clearer than the sunshine
You blotted out before me.
I wish that I could scuba dive
In the oceans of your eyes,
And find that source of light.
I’d let it burn me, blind me;
For I know that you have shown me
All I ever need to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment