I'd tell them, you know, if they wanted to know. I'd tell them all sorts of things.

Monday, August 17, 2009

On Saturday I move to MNU. 30 minutes away from home, but hey, I'm not a fan of change of any kind so I'm still quite apprehensive.
I get a private room, so I am looking forward to having it all to myself. Decorating, playing music, etc. without having to allow for another person's taste.
I know that sounds pretty selfish, but with my health and energy levels, I really need my room to be a place where I can completely rest and relax, mentally and physically. It's hard to do that, sharing a room with someone. Believe it or not, it does take energy just to have someone else to worry about "will this or that bother them" (I am generally a people-pleaser so I will inevitably stress over this). And there is the risk of the roommate bothering ME, waking me up at night or even during the day when I'm napping, or having a bunch of people in the room making noise etc.
So yeah, God answered prayers when He granted me a private room.
I'm still worried though, especially about the first week when they'll have a bunch of activities for freshmen. I really don't know how I'm going to have the energy for it. I'm trusting God to provide me with extra strength and energy so that I can be a good student as well as have a social life. That is hard to comprehend, though, when I hardly have the energy for life right now (no school, quiet house, parents to help me with laundry and shopping and all the rest of the things I will have to do on my own once I move).
And, of course, I will be terribly homesick (yes, even though I'm only 30 minutes away from home). I'm very close to my family, and my pets too. I'll be hard to get used to not having a dog to sleep at the foot of my bed, a cat to curl on my lap while I watch a movie, ferrets to jump on my ankles, a mom to talk to at breakfast, and a dad to read Redwall with at night.
I'll survive though, just like every other freshman.
And I am a little excited. About my own dorm room, being up in town, and I'm really looking forward to my psych and criminology classes.
I guess this isn't an interesting post for anyone who happens to read it, but my college apprehensions have been building up for over a month now so I had to let some of the overflow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment